Date: Tuesday, 7 November 2023
Time: 11.00 am – 12.30 pm (PHT)
Venue: Crowne Plaza Manila Galleria
The International Cooperative Alliance Asia Pacific (ICA-AP) Trade and Business Committee and the Network for the Development of Agricultural Cooperatives in Asia and the Pacific (NEDAC) are jointly organizing a mini seminar aimed at promoting sustainable agricultural supply chains and fostering partnerships among cooperatives within the Asia-Pacific region. The seminar will provide a platform for ICA-AP members, committee representatives, and NEDAC members to share knowledge, exchange experiences, and collaboratively explore ways to align their efforts with the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The objective of this seminar is to foster collaboration and knowledge exchange among key stakeholders to enhance sustainable agricultural supply chains through cooperative partnerships in the Asia-Pacific region. By aligning these efforts with the SDGs, the seminar will seek to address challenges related to food security, poverty reduction, and environmental sustainability.
The Role of Cooperative Partnerships in Sustainable Supply Chains (NEDAC)
- Understanding the significance of agricultural cooperatives in creating resilient and sustainable supply chains.
- Showcasing successful case studies of cooperative initiatives that have positively impacted local communities and the environment.
- Identifying challenges and opportunities in forming and sustaining effective cooperative partnerships.
SDGs and Cooperative Development (CDA)
- Exploring the direct links between the SDGs and the agricultural cooperative sector.
- Discussing ways in which agricultural cooperatives can actively contribute to achieving specific SDGs, such as zero hunger, decent work and economic growth, responsible consumption, and production, and more.
- Emphasizing the importance of collaboration and collective action in advancing the SDGs.
Enhancing Supply Chain Resilience and Sustainability (NACF)
- Discussing practical approaches to reduce waste, improve traceability, and promote sustainable practices in agricultural supply chains.
- Sharing insights on utilizing technology and digital solutions to enhance supply chain efficiency and transparency.
- Encouraging sustainable sourcing practices to support biodiversity conservation and climate resilience.
The seminar will commence after the ICA-AP Trade and Business Committee Statutory Meeting. Featuring three presenters, each delivering a 25-minute presentation, the seminar will provide valuable insights on the specified topic. Following the presentations, there will be a Question & Answer session, allowing the audience to engage with the presenters.EXPECTED OUTCOMES:
- Enhanced understanding of the role of agricultural cooperatives in promoting sustainable supply chains and achieving the SDGs.
- Identification of practical strategies to foster cooperative partnerships for agricultural development.
- A platform for knowledge sharing and potential collaboration among stakeholders in the agricultural sector.
- Increased awareness of the importance of multi-stakeholder efforts in advancing sustainable agriculture.
This seminar presents an excellent opportunity for the ICA-AP Trade and Business Committee and NEDAC members to come together to explore the potential of agricultural cooperatives in transforming supply chains and contributing to the achievement of the SDGs in the Asia-Pacific region. Through collective efforts, stakeholders can pave the way for a sustainable, resilient, and inclusive agricultural sector that benefits both people and the planet.
|09:00 am||ICA-AP Trade and Business Committee Statutory Meeting||ICA-AP Trade and Business Committee members|
|10:30 am||Coffee Break|
|10:55 am||Introduction by Moderator||Mr. Balasubramanian Iyer, Regional Director, ICA-AP|
|11:00 am||The Role of Cooperative Partnerships in Sustainable Supply Chains||NEDAC|
|11:25 am||SDGs and Cooperative Development||CDA / FPSDC|
|11:50 am||Enhancing Supply Chain Resilience and Sustainability||NACF|
|12:15 pm||Question and Answer Session||Moderator|
|12:30 pm||Group photo / Closing|